Well, no it’s not… not yet. But it is finally October, my favorite month, culminating in my favorite holiday, which just happens to be my birthday.
How much do I love Halloween?
- My Halloween decorations take up six large boxes and two large garbage bags in the garage.
- I have three Halloweeny t-shirts, ten Halloweeny mugs, and thirteen Halloweeny hand towels.
- Some of my favorite Halloween decorations are displayed in my house all year.
- This year I decorated my yard with tombstones, skeletons, witches and ghouls on September 27th.
- My black cat is named after the black cat in my favorite witch-related series of children’s books. (More on that later.)
- My favorite birthday gifts are the ones that scare me a little.
- It only took me three weeks in my new role as elementary library clerk to get a reputation for knowing which books are the scariest. (More on that later too.)
- This is the drawing my niece gave me for my birthday when she was four. It hangs in my office year round.
Because of my love of Halloween and October and fall weather and good scares, this month my blog posts will all be appropriately themed. So get comfortable—light some candles, grab some caramel corn or witch’s brew, and settle in with your favorite familiar—because there’s some creepy stuff crawling this way. 🙂